View Single Post
Old 01-17-21, 05:24 AM
Comfort is King

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
The sarcasm is getting completely out of hand in here ...
Actually, no. I couldn't care less about what the law says. I care only not hitting pedestrians, my personal safety, and not usurping someone's ROW. That's it. I'd argue that cyclists have a moral obligation to disobey all 4-way stops and especially 3-way ones. Those are there to slow down heavy machines. And, since a bicycle isn't one, it renders them moot. I don't care it a cop is sitting there. Guess what? They don't care either because it is a bike. I also lane split, draft, filter, jump reds, and even roll through if I have clear lines of sight. Often, I'll take a hard right if I can't go, then a hard U-Turn and a quick right. That's how you boss an intersection.

The OP is a trolling post. This is why I feel obligated to explain my scofflaw behavior, which is completely justifiable from an ethical standpoint, since bikes effectively do not cause harm. Since I'm one of the mileage leaders in the region every year, haven't had a car in a quarter century, and have toured around the country, plus I used to be a bike messenger, I come from a place of experience. Experience yells me that momentum equals safety.

Last edited by Comfort is King; 01-17-21 at 05:34 AM.
Likes For Comfort is King: