Old 01-22-21, 09:26 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 785 Post(s)
Liked 1,831 Times in 1,050 Posts
How long had you been using this saddle, it might just be your body getting used to it. You can usually tell within the first 10 or so rides. I'm not super thin, float between 190 and 200, but I thought the Specialized Romin 143mm saddles I have ridden for the last 10 years were very comfy and only really had issues once I start heading north of 65 miles. Not bad, but just not where I wanted it to be. I recently got a Domane and at the same time, I decided to try something else and checked out the Bontrager Verse saddle in both a 145 and 135 widths. I really thought the 135 would be way to narrow, but OMG, it was awesome and now I have 3 bikes with that saddle. It is even comfortable when I ride the trainer. Good thing with Bontrager is the 30 day return policy, so if you have a Trek dealer in the area, I would check them out.

It is also possible if you are using bike shorts, that the chamois is causing some discomfort, I had to try different shorts until I found some that work for me.

Now I will also say this....I went through 10 different saddles and 5 or 6 brands of shorts until I found what worked for me, so it might just take some time.