Old 01-30-21, 12:47 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1806 Post(s)
Liked 1,671 Times in 957 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime
I would advise anybody who doesn't have a bike and wants a NEW bike and has plenty of money for a NEW bike, to visit Grant's place and buy the bike that Grant selects for them. I have given that advise but as yet, nobody yet has followed it.
I've got a couture Rodriguez.
500mm chainstays, 69.5 degrees head tube angle, low bottom bracket, & 26 inch wheels. It works well enough. At 1100mm long it tracks with surgical precision & between 56 & 65 mm of trail depending on tire selection the steering is reasonably light. It's great on fire roads & gravel centuries...It's like riding a bike with all the cheat codes enabled. The only downside is it's one of the most boring bikes I own when ridden unloaded. The trade off is carrying 65 pounds or more of groceries & frozen goods (!) isn't really a concern & happens with out incident. The bike below is named Bessie The Planet Express Ship on account of it's freighter like nature.

And in a slightly different incarnation...

I think GP would be proud...Heck, I even stretched a 1974 Schwinn Varsity a few inches....But I have no use for his opinion & still stand by my skepticism of the "Hillibike" poo. He's tryin' to church-up a bunch of surfer'-hippy-counter-culture-b.s. that at this point rings of manufactured nostalgia. It's as if he thinks an entire industry suffers from group think & he, & he alone is the only one with a vision of true reality. My kids 1989 Peugeot Montreal Express
And his1985 Pugeot Orient Express ride every bit as good as any Grant Peterson inspired anything & cost 1/16, (even after overhaul) of what the Rodriguez did.

Last edited by base2; 01-30-21 at 12:53 AM.
Likes For base2: