Old 02-27-21, 03:35 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1367 Post(s)
Liked 2,188 Times in 1,189 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Finally decided to get my thumb out and begin the final cleaning/polishing of a number of stems I've had sitting around awaiting refurbishment. Cleaned and polished up one of my Cinelli 1Rs to mate with a cleaned-up Campione del Mondo bar. I ended up with a lovely set to drop in as a replacement for the combo that was on the Medici; the stem in particular needed attention as it was missing some anodizing along the top and right side. Once I dropped the new one - already pre-taped and with a pair of brake clamps in place - I cabled up the brakes and am ready to go. Well, I was until I realized the polish job was too good and now the seatpost looked dull! I pulled it this afternoon and after an hour with bronze wool and varying sanding films I came up with a closely-matching finish I'm happy with.

Here's the ugly one; I'll be getting to this one day, but not soon because I'm out of anodizing stripper for the time being:

The new shiny bits:

DD
Jeff, Same here....I worked a bit on this post for my current build....there's something satisfying about bringing back a little lustre to a worn finish.
I hope you're not having NAGO withdrawal, it was a beaut.

Best, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Likes For xiaoman1: