Old 03-03-21, 01:37 PM
macgyver60

Bikes: Electric Bike Company Model E

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I agree. The recurring revenue model is taking over every business these days. I would be willing to sacrifice the ability of the video to control the bike if it meant not having to pay the subscription fee because I know whatbwill happen. If our usage drops off the subscription will no longer make any sense at all and we will
cancel it. Then the bike becomes a coat rack because no one wants to stare at the wall and bike but who wants to pay $45mth for a bike they use once a week. I happen to be a physician and I see this with most of my patients. Everyone gies through ups and downs with their exercise routines. If the bike has an entertaining option that doesn’t require a subscripts easier to pick up the exercise again after a period when it hasn’t been used as much.

these are all helpful suggestions. At least it shows me that the product I want is not out there and if I have to figure out what features are most important. I think I am going to get a simpler bike and just mount a monitor in front so I can use youtube rides but still have the option to use something like zwift if I want to try a subscription service thay doesn’t cost a fortune

Originally Posted by Barry2
If you stick to your "no subscription" requirement, there is no device, software or application I know of, that will control the cycling difficulty while displaying a scenic ride.
If such an item does exist, the recumbent requirement may prove to be limiting factor.

It's all about reoccurring income, and the days of old school one-time software purchases are numbered.
Even the services you mention by name as wanting to use, are subscription services.

Barry