Old 03-08-21, 01:00 PM
Notso_fastLane

Bikes: 2011 Bent TW Elegance 2014 Carbon Strada Velomobile

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 418 Posts
Originally Posted by Miliolid
I had some really annoying dog encounters today. Well, not so much dog encounters but dog owner encounters. Big two lane cycle path that can also be used by pedestrians. Who were out in full force with their dogs today, blocking the path, standing right in the middle happily chatting away, etc. I had two very hard breaks when in one case a woman could not control her off the lead dog and he nearly ran in front of my bike. She shouted at me for not taking care! Second time a big boxer dog or similar trotted in front of my bike, with the owner just staring. Why? I wasn't going fast, about 20kmh on my everyday bike. If a race biker would have been there it could have ended ugly.
Yeah, the weather's warming up here too.

I had several (bad dog owner) encounters my last ride out as well. Time to go back to mostly residential streets and bike lanes.

I have to say, though, that people seem a little more concerned about their dog when they see me coming in the velomobile. Maybe it's just because it's odd looking, but they seem to be better about getting themselves and their dogs/children out of the way.