burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by m2244
You're not alone, any people are questioning life in the US these days. My wife and I are tentatively planning on moving to Spain once I retire, at least for a while. Between the political climate and the redneck problem, what's to love anymore?
Don't get me wrong, I love my country. Lots of good things here.

Just a pairing of priorities I guess.

Also I love Euro food. On our France work trip the engineers and technicians took us for lunch at a lady's house down the street. She lived there but converted the front patio to hold a few tables. I had kidneys with onions and mushrooms au vin. I was the last American to order. The French guy's faces lit up and they were like "we'll have that too if there is any left!!!".

Also, my only interaction with a motor vehicle while in France was climbing something in Alsace where the car slowed and they egged me on to give it some more effort. Not satisfied until I was out of the saddle headed up as they pulled away slapping the sides of the car yelling allez. About the most stereotypical positive cycling experience you could have.

If I stay in the US forever, I'd likely retire to a small home off some gravel climbing in the NC mountains near some good riding.