Old 03-30-21, 02:12 PM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 266 Times in 129 Posts
Good idea for a thread. Next time I have my phone with me I'll snap a couple of photos of where I like to ride best.

A two minute ride from my house is one end of a multi-use trail that has the following characteristics:
- about 6 feet wide in most areas, a little narrower in some
- crushed gravel that has been tamped down quite a bit, with only a few rocks/roots/rocks
- very flowy (short climbs and descents, some a small grade and others 20%; lots of turns, some hairpins and others you can corner with a smile on your face)
- the official trail is about 70% gravel, 20% dirt and 10% wooden boardwalk over wet areas
- runs along a wide creek and is pretty much in a forest valley
- has many tentacles going in/out of surrounding neighbourhoods (makes for fun rides where you mix up the route
- although the main corridor is only 5-7km long, there are another 3-5km of tentacles and if I take a paved path for 10 minutes I can connect to another similar trail...makes for an amazing 1.5hr ride that is safe (no roads), out of the wind, scenic and a nice blend of aerobic and anaerobic

If I was a millionaire with a large forested property I would build my own similar trail and invite others to enjoy it with me.
Likes For Noonievut: