View Single Post
Old 04-01-21, 09:00 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4451 Post(s)
Liked 4,112 Times in 2,745 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
I'm not interested in the folks that designed this bike, rode the bike or won races on the bike or if it was a pink and purple color.

What I'm asking is was there anything that set this bike apart from any other bike in that era? One the outside it just looks like many other mountain bikes of that era...26" tires, Rim Brakes etc.
I guess nothing will convince you of anything here. You seem to be skeptical. It was a winning bike made by a well known designer in the U.S. out of good quality custom designed tubing. I guess you believe every single bike on the planet must be almost nearly the same and nothing could differentiate it, which is just silly. I would fashion a guess that because the bike below has a marginally similar idea in 26" 3x rim brake mountain bike with colors (ok the front is a disc, I didn't want to spend a lot of time searching so I took the first one) that you would also class that in the same realm as the Yeti ARC.

Maybe you are having a laugh or something or just don't understand bikes, I don't know, but the Yeti ARC was a special bike that is and was well respected and loved.

Could Lewis Hamilton have won 6 F1 championships without Mercedes AMG, probably! He is a great driver but the fact is he did it with that team, those engines and those cars (technically you could say 7 championships as one was done with a McLaren car but Mercedes engine).
Likes For veganbikes: