Bikes: 2021 Giant Escape 2 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Mackowski
Hi Phil
How's the bike?
What do you think about the tyres? I've had 700x25 on my old hybrid and jumping on the new bike with 700x38 makes the ride 'different', thinking about swapping tyres for, not sure yet, 32's or 28's maybe.
But to the point, How's the rack? Would you recommend? Also did you get a trunk bag with it? What model? And again, would you recommend?
Best
Mack
Hi Mack...Well, I've only put a few mikes on the bike, but so far I like it very much. And I agree, the "38" tires may take a little getting used to, especially having come from a Lemond Zurich. I'm leaning toward the "32s" myself. And as for the rack, I chose the Topeak due to it's compatibility with the QD bag, but unlike Hokiefyd below, I opted for the lesser offering without the integral panniers. I bought the rack from my LBS and the bag through Amazon. Aside from that, the other mods I've made were a mini tire pump, Ergon GP3 grips, Hafny bar end mirror, LED lights, Crank Bros. Stamp 1 pedals, and a speedo/bike computer etc.
Should I assume by your spelling of "tyre" that you're in England and not Mississippi? :-)

Best regards...Phil
Likes For rut3556: