Old 04-23-21, 01:43 PM
Ataylor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
PS: Maybe I misread your original post, and you already know the above technique, and you are looking for something more precise? If so, I'll just mention that, according to Shimano, even the bt readout on a cycle computer is not very accurate.
Yea', that's what I meant. Wanted something more precise. That's interesting what Shimano said, though. Thanks for sharing that.
Originally Posted by eduskator
Not the exact percentage, but the light color on the control unit will indicate a range of battery left. Unless you really want it, you can't really run out of charge. I charge mine every 2000kms...
There just seems to be so much talk of battery issues with the Di2 system, that knowing the exact number (if it was actually accurate) would have given me a bit of extra comfort, I suppose. Some people say they charge it twice a year, while others complain about the battery draining in a day or two or, at times, even within hours. I wouldn't be surprised if these issues occur with only a small handful of Di2 owners, but there did seem to be some degree of a consistent pattern forming from having researched the topic, which is what led to look into this whole wireless thing.