Old 04-24-21, 10:42 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
Having to go back home with a single speed is usually painful enough to not forget it after
The first time I was at work, the FD stopped working on the way in...I thought I had enough to get home, so I just tuned off the sync shift and used the RD, and then it went dead...but, going home was generally downhill, so it wasn't painful. The next time was brutal. I did complete the ride, but I pay close attention now.

Originally Posted by Ataylor
^ Oh so it's just the front derailleur that stops working? That's a relief
The FD stops working first. The system will stop shifting it, to preserve battery power to run the RD. The FD uses a lot more power. I can't remember how many shifts are left in the RD at that point, maybe 100? With careful gear management one in theory can limp it him on the RD alone.

Originally Posted by Greatestalltime
Yours displays the ratio? My wahoo only displays what gear on a bar graph looking display. Unless I don’t know how to make it do that.

That would be nice to see the ratio.
Compatible Garmins will allow for display of gears by teeth (e.g., 50-16), position (on the cog/crankset, e.g., 2-8), a visual display of the gear position (literally a series of bars of variable length to look like the cogs or chain rings, and then the one selected is colored, the rest are gray), or ratio (mathsss).
Likes For Badger6: