Old 04-28-21, 03:00 PM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Parkyy16
I had the Jamis Satellite Comp as my first road bike, absolutely loved that bike. Also helped a friend buy a Jamis Coda Sport in a mediocre condition for about $90, bought my brother a Jamis Commuter(it was hi-ten steel) for $70. Had opportunity to ride all of those bikes as I was helping them buy and fix them up, and loved the ride of all of them once they were all fixed up.

Jamis makes good quality steel bikes at a good price. I would personally pay $250-$300 or so for a used very mint condition Coda Sport, but with this bike shortage, not sure what valid used prices are anymore. Either way, you're probably getting a nice bike. If it fits, you like it, it's in great condition, and you can't find a bike that fits those criteria anywhere else, I'd be willing to pay the $400 that she's asking.
In a time where good affordable bikes are scarce or hard to find, there is the cost of time. This is how I talked myself into paying full retail for a bike years ago, even though I like to find a deal. It was around May, or so and i was looking for a new bike. Anyhow, the bike I was interested in, the shop said it was a popular model so no discounts and that once they sold out of that model, it wasn't likely they would get another one in that season. So if I wanted the bike to ride this year, I needed to pay what they were asking.
Likes For MRT2: