View Single Post
Old 04-30-21, 09:47 AM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 441 Posts
Originally Posted by Ataylor
So help me understand something. I was under the impression that the lower the watt the less rolling resistance a tire has. In other words, the 7.0 W Corsa Speed G+ 2.0 (TLR) has less rolling resistance (hence the lower number) and thus rolls further than a higher watt wheel. The way I'm reading your post, though, it seems as though you're implying that the opposite is true? If not, then the reason why I came to that conclusion was because less rolling resistance with the Vittoria + the benefits of a "faster" and more comfortable ride with the latex tube is why I imagined they would pair well with one another. Or at least that's why I thought others thought that.
TLR stands for tubeless ready. Casing and construction of tubeless tires are different from their tubed counterparts and generally there is a big rolling resistance penalty when running an inner tube inside one.