Old 05-06-21, 10:13 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
Originally Posted by Badger6
The '21 SL7 is every bit as aero as a '19 Venge (even if it doesn't look as aero), and lighter as well, it would be an upgrade, IMO. But, I am not surprised that they still have Venge frames...that said, in my experience with Specialized frame warranty, it's like Forest Gump and his chocolates, you don't know what you're gonna get until it shows up, usually.

I don't have a Roubaix (and never ridden one), but do ride with a couple of guys who do, and from their descriptions it may be my next ride (when they update the frame next year, if they stay on schedule). They swear it has a stiff BB, but lots of vertical compliance, and based on the way they hit cobblestone climbs like Oude Kwaremont or De Vesten & De Muur, etc., I'm inclined to believe them. They just look for comfortable than I am... Regardless, there are so many great frames available right now (bikes are obviously a bit of a different story), I'm not sure you could go wrong with any of the ones you've listed out, the real issue is getting the frame optimized for the riding you'll do.
Yeah, even now, the Spesh dealer cant confirm to me what color frameset I am getting. I saw a photo on WW or somewhere of a really awesome red/white frame (like the Trek Viper Red) - i am really hoping it is that, and not teal/green/blue or some crap like that.

I was actually leaning towards a Domane over a Roubaix just as a change of pace from Spesh. I will take both for a ride - rear ISOSpeed or whatever doesnt mean that much to me: on rough roads, the big impact is the front wheel and the purchase will depend on whether the Spesh or the Domane does a better job there. The Trek Viper Red colorway is oh-so-hot, though. But yeah, it will all depend on what Spesh does. I am told to expect the frameset by the end of May.