View Single Post
Old 05-10-21, 10:28 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Liked 5,404 Times in 3,729 Posts
Originally Posted by babyboomer
The only time I have noticed the LED on the SM-BCR2 is when I have plugged it into a power strip. I hadn't noticed what it does when I plug it into a USB port on my laptop. However, I don't know that I've ever seen the LED on when plugged into the laptop.
That doesn't answer my question.....
Originally Posted by Iride01
Does the LED light up on the SM-BCR2 light up when you plug it in to the connection on your bike and a phone charger or other 5 vdc adapter?
I don't care what it did in the past, I want to know what it's doing now.

You might solve your issue quicker and cheaper by going to an LBS. Sure you can DIY it, but you might pay a higher price for that education. Right now, we can't even establish whether or not your battery has a charge, nor can you connect eTube project to your bike.

And did you ever look to see if the old version of eTube is on your machine? As I said, some people have had issues with the new version of eTube on Windows PC's.

If I were in your situation and wanted to DIY it, then I'd first get the issue resolved with the SM-BCR2. If you can't get to another Windows machine with it, then borrow someone else's SM-BCR2 and see if it works with your laptop.

I'd also go back to square one with the components. Get the Di2 dealers manuals that cover the installation of them and make sure it's all up to par. You can make it all function with out the SM-BCR2, but you won't do any re-assignments of buttons and stuff with out it.
Likes For Iride01: