Old 05-22-21, 07:02 PM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 790 Times in 269 Posts
I am primarily a road rider but do enjoy the occasional hard pack dirt trail with my Orbea Terra gravel bike. Out of necessity due to rough (paved) road conditions in some areas I enjoy, I decided to experiment with 32c GP5000’s on my Orbea rather than riding my usual Carbon road bike.
I utilized a spare set of American Classic wheels I had laying around so that I could simply switch wheels whenever needed.
I’ve discovered that while the Orbea is not as fast as my dedicated road bike, it is much more comfortable on rougher roads making 50-60 mile rides in these areas more enjoyable.

I’ll be using it this weekend on an organized century as I expect the road conditions to be less than ideal. By switching wheelsets it has allowed me to come close to that ideal “all-around” bike at least for my purposes. However I do own (and ride) about 9 other bikes so I didn’t “need” that type of bike, it just sort of happened......