View Single Post
Old 05-24-21, 06:26 AM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 1,269 Times in 692 Posts
Tubus Tara Titan coming up this summer

Everybody knows the Tubus Tara lowrider, the classic CrMo front tack that now comes with a light mount as well.
A couple of years ago they introduced the polished stainless steel version, the Tubus Tara Edelstahl, of which I haven't seen many reviews.

And for 2021 they are introducing the much lighter Tubus Tara Titan which is made from Titanium. Bloody expensive of course, but it might be interesting if you are looking for a 200 grams (7.05 oz) weight savings at the same (rated) carry capacity of 18 kg (39.6 lbs) for a total rack weight of 300 g (10.6 oz).

Pricing in Germany is:
  • Tubus Tara
    • Black = €55 ($67)
    • Silver = €55 ($67)
    • Big Apple = €55 ($67)
  • Tubus Tara Stainless
    • €81 ($100)
  • Tubus Tara Titan
    • €250-300 ($300-366), unknown pricing right now. I've only seen them as a placeholder in a Dutch shop.
I ordered the stainless steel version for my Koga-Miyata "Graveller" to match my Velo Orange canti rack but I wonder if anybody is curious about these. Would a 200 grams (7.05 oz) weight savings appeal to you?

Pics of the stainless steel version incoming when I receive it.
Likes For JaccoW: