Old 05-29-21, 06:45 AM
sdn40

Bikes: 88 Cannondale Criterium

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 92 Posts
The proportions thing is real, especially for taller riders. For some, the tall head tube just throws off the look of the bike. It's probably why a lot of tall riders are on the lookout for a Cannondale. The OS tubing takes care of that "odd" look. Just as STI's and modern components eventually made their way into this fabulous forum, we are now entering a crossroads where some of the newer frame technologies are becoming more available at a price point that becomes very attractive. As seen above, looking to achieve certain things can become complicated, and expensive, and sometimes not possible. Riddle mentioned it briefly, but it has flown under the radar what was available for $10. Obviously, that is an extremely fortunate example, but like I said, crossroads.
I recently picked up a prime example of this (pickup scheduled). I wasn't in the market, but we all know how that goes. I didn't believe the picture and the owner had a chuckle as he shared my same thoughts. This isn't your dads 62cm proportioned bike. It looks like a 58cm. Never in a million years did I think I would own a Surly, but here we are, at a price point cheaper than a Walmart bike. 32c here I come. Just like the STI's, at some point you just can't say no. And yes - I'm crossing my fingers that the seatpost is the Dura Ace aero

Last edited by sdn40; 05-29-21 at 06:53 AM.
Likes For sdn40: