View Single Post
Old 06-14-21, 05:11 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4591 Post(s)
Liked 5,129 Times in 3,170 Posts
Originally Posted by Racing Dan
The irony .. This thread IS about a 2020 Giant Defy Advanced 2. It appears it didn't work out very well.
Yet they were completely fine on my own Defy. But I do have a boost pump, so seating tubeless tyres is never a major issue for me. There is a learning curve to tubeless, just like there is with tubed tyres when you have zero experience of them.

Anyway, how many bikes do you reckon Giant move per annum? People don't tend to start threads about how they didn't have any issues with their bike tyres. It's the typical forum negativity effect. A few people have issues and then people who haven't even used tubeless tyres (not saying you haven't btw) amplify that negativity. You could read a thread like this (selectively skipping any positive remarks) and conclude that tubeless tyres are the biggest pita ever invented.

If tubeless tyres really were a pile of crap, then evolution would soon make them extinct. But what I see is the exact opposite, it's a growth market. I'm not going to say it has fully matured, at least not in the road tubeless market, but it's rapidly getting there.

Last edited by PeteHski; 06-14-21 at 05:23 AM.
Likes For PeteHski: