View Single Post
Old 06-21-21, 08:33 PM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 942 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by alo
Sometimes police are unreasonable. Sometimes police are dishonest. I believe they need quotas, so the dream up trivial things to book people.
The fact that the officer wasted 15 minutes of his time and didn't even write the OP up kinda blows this theory out of the water.

Originally Posted by genec
I say don't cite cyclists... the harm they cause by errant behavior is statistically negligible... which is why cyclists are not required to carry liability insurance to use the roads. Cyclists biking in a dangerous manner will be removed by the dominate road users... automobile drivers.

Really, other than to meet the exact letter of the law, what IS the point of citing cyclists. If the same "letter of the law" approach is taken toward motorists, stop every speeder. Ain't gonna happen.

Enough with the anti-bike campaigns by LEOs.
Never mind wasting officer time attempting to cite all the speeders. Automated systems could do it much more efficiently, making our streets safer for all and balance local budgets to boot. Hey, just doing my part to help make it to 6 pages here!
Likes For AlmostTrick: