View Single Post
Old 06-25-21, 12:52 PM
Awesomeguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
bonk vs fatigue

I'm someone in general whom tends to be prone to low sugar symptoms and can't go fasting and i never can workout on an empty stomach\hunger. I typically eat 3 main meals, and one snack in between, so i end up eating every 3\4 hours (3 meals, and 2 or 3 snacks) and generally hard to go without food for longer . I always generally have to plan my workouts such that they are an hour -90 min after a meal , any longer after, i kind of dont like it and am prone to low sugar feeling.
With that said, couple months ago, i had gone for a run an hour after lunch for about 2 miles, was totally fine, then a couple hours later (maybe 2.5-3 hours since lunch), i went for a ride for about 10 miles and bonked on the 10th mile. It was the worst feeling ever, luckily had a clif bar and got me home, and felt like **** for quite some time after that. Prior to the bike ride and post run i had a light snack , just a banana, but i suppose it wasn't enough.

how do i prevent bonk surest way and how do you tell bonk from fatigue (though surely in the above scenario, i definitely bonked because i had no legs left at all, they felt like jellow and no energy like just weak)?
*also , i'm not diabetic, and generally in good health.

Last edited by Awesomeguy; 06-25-21 at 12:56 PM.