View Single Post
Old 07-10-21, 07:36 PM
MauriceMoss

Bikes: None in ridable condition

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 193 Posts
BicicletaFavor - the 3 pics that machinist42 and juvela posted so far are the only three images I'm seeing in your 2 albums.

One of the album cover images (the one on the right) is a thumbnail of a bike with somewhat unconventional design, but the full size picture doesn't seem to be in either album:

Anyways, the close up of the fork crown shows a panto of a Spanish marque called Massi.

The panto is the outline of the full logo:

Hard to tell, without more pics of the entire frame, whether the frame is a Massi as well. If that fork is attached to the frame in the album thumbnail on the right, then I'd say the frame is something else. I've never seen a Massi with such unusual geometry/construction.

Mecacyle was a company that produced something like 500-600 frames a month and most of those were wearing decals of shops all over France (and other countries). Their Turbo model (one with a split seat tube) was the most popular and, consequently, most commonly found nowadays. The carbon ones are a pretty rare sight. There was a post about one on a French bicycle forum and it looks like it was constructed of chromed Vitus 980 and carbon tubes:

As for the other bikes in the picture, the De Rosa looks a little suspect and the middle one looks like a 1950s or posibly 1940s Alcyon. That head badge, along with the box lining and the fillet brazed construction would all be consistent with Alcyon.

Likes For MauriceMoss: