Old 07-13-21, 08:13 AM
alo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Higgins
To clarify, I meant other sub-forums here at Bladeforums, not just here in General. And no, its not okay to intentionally be insulting, but I suspect that you have a very thin skin, and that you post threads in which collecting insults and trolling is your primary intent. Its been the framework for every thread you've started here at BF. If you cant handle someone giving you a reality check, you probably should take your schtick over to Pinkbike.
If I get what you are trying to say, it is not something I can respond to without examples.

Don't waste a lot of time, but if you can think of a small number of examples that stand out, send me a personal message. We don't want to get even more off topic. If you have genuinely good suggestions, I will take them on board. I repeat, don't waste a lot of time. Only if it is something you can do quickly.

I may have written some things in a hurry, and if analyzed in detail, maybe they could be expressed better.

There are some issues where a short answer does not adequately explain all the details, and people make false assumptions about the details.

There are definitely some things I know, that are impossible to get people to understand who have lived in a different place. For example:

In Australia, I might get harassed by a dog once in 10 years. Where I am now, I get harassed by numbers of dogs every day. Dogs are just left to run wild here. Many people get bitten.

The amount of mud and dust that my bike gets exposed to here is 1000 times the amount of mud and dust my bike gets exposed to in Australia. People in first world countries that have not been here, don't understand even if I tell them.

I replaced my derailleur with a $2.25 derailleur. The derailleurs that some people were telling me to buy are not for sale here, and they kept ignoring that. If they were for sale here, I would still use a cheap derailleur because of the huge amount of mud and dust. Jockey wheels wear out faster when exposed to mud and dust. I expect to replace the jockey wheels or derailleur more often than I would in Australia.