View Single Post
Old 07-15-21, 12:49 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I understand that CdA is easy to calculate based on shape, but I don't think there's any way it's simple to calculate based on texture, which is a really micro-level.

Ultimately, though, I think the "bigger benefit for the slower rider" is still sales claptrap. I don't think people topping out at 15 mph are really being held back significantly by small variations in wind resistance, but generally topping out at a speed they're comfortable with. They're generally not doing the big things to reduce air resistance. Seriously, how many people do you see in a tuck riding at 15 mph on flat ground?.
I did not say calculate CdA. There are a variety of ways to measure on the road. The easiest and most accurate is using the RChung method. You can Google it if you want measure your aero profiles and changes to kit, bike, position, etc.

I seriously do not understand your arguments. Who tucks at 15 mph? Who even suggested that? The fact that you still think ""bigger benefit for the slower rider" is still sales claptrap" tells me you have not really looked at the evidence presented. Who races at 15 mph? OP sounds like a sportif or racer type rider. Nonetheless, there are significant aero benefits to harvest even at the modest speed of 15 mph.

I am not going to respond anymore to you, so, good luck to you.