View Single Post
Old 07-16-21, 09:59 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7711 Post(s)
Liked 3,642 Times in 1,915 Posts
Originally Posted by pgjackson
No, but it is hilarious that guys who are likely 15+lbs overweigh will shave their legs because of the aerodynamic improvement.
By that logic, everyone who isn't anorexic-skinny should be riding Huffys.

I get the humor. But the aero benefit applies no matter what you weigh. In the same way, I ride a sub-17-pound CF bike with full Ultegra. I weight an eighth of a ton, and very little of it is muscle. One could laugh at all the money I wasted, building a lightweight bike for a fat rider.

On the other hand ..... no one has to go to driver's school before buying a Corvette. Fact is, a really good driver in an econobox could beat most unschooled drivers in Corvettes or Camaros .... but the thing is the fat guy Wants a Corvette .... even if he only uses it to get groceries. He can still do more, or at least has the Potential to do more, with the Corvette than with a lo-budget Hyundai. Driving the Corvette is more fun, even if he drives it at exactly the same speeds as he drives his wife's minivan.

I think the funniest part is that people can't make up their own minds, and once they do, still seem to need reinforcement form like-minded folks .... Dudes, shave or not, who freaking cares?

But ... people are people.
Likes For Maelochs: