View Single Post
Old 07-20-21, 01:53 PM
OlderNotWiser
Ageing Warrior

Bikes: Bianchi Caurus Proto frame that needs tlc and re-equipping with difficult to source parts that I cannot afford!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
I agree. It was my understanding that he ones for the US market were shipped airfreight to he US in primer for painting here. Whether that could account for any differences in the frames spotted in the US who knows. I have two, one bought new and one used in 2009. The later has a pump peg and dual bottle bosses but it was repainted at least once and is currently red My original only has one set of bosses and no peg. The serials are only 5 or 6 apart.
Crumbs, the difference between such close serial numbers is rather baffling! Like your first beast, mine shares the lack of pump boss & just the one set of bottle bosses.
Shame about the 🧐 repaint on no.2 but very pretty ponies anyway!
Edited to add: I wonder if the company did this sort of 'switcheroo' to deliberately confuse enthusiasts and/or future archeologists. After all, J.k.Rowling was asked as to why she wrote such impenetrable rules for the game of quidditch. Her answer was simple: "To confuse men."

Last edited by OlderNotWiser; 08-03-21 at 05:46 PM.
Likes For OlderNotWiser: