View Single Post
Old 07-22-21, 12:09 PM
Mojo31
-------

Liked 6,706 Times in 3,642 Posts
Kind of a cool story:

I have a turntable in my office with a metal platter and felt pad, but at home have one with an acrylic platter. Wanted to try an acrylic platter at the office, so I bought an aftermarket one from an Amazon seller that was supposed to be a direct replacement for the metal platter. When it arrived, I found that it was exactly like the one at home (both tables are the same brand). It was really well made, but changed the sound of the table in a not very pleasant way. Sent it back through Amazon, and then got an email from the seller asking why I was returning it, stating that he wants to make the best product he can and the information might help him. We had a number of very pleasant exchanges (he never tried to fight my return), and towards the end he told me he wants to send me another platter for free in case I want to try to raise my tonearm using a part that Pro-Ject sells as thanks for providing him feedback. I told him no need to do that, but if I wanted to try again I would just buy another, and that if he really wanted to do something he could make a small donation to our local education foundation. Then received an email that he made a nice donation!

I thought that was pretty cool.

The seller is "Supreme Tech" on Amazon.

Last edited by Mojo31; 07-22-21 at 12:13 PM.
Likes For Mojo31: