View Single Post
Old 07-22-21, 12:12 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Liked 9,565 Times in 4,422 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Kind of a cool story:

Story of the day:

I have a turntable in my office with a metal platter and felt pad, but at home have one with an acrylic platter. Wanted to try an acrylic platter at the office, so I bought an aftermarket one from an Amazon seller that was supposed to be a direct replacement for the metal platter. When it arrived, I found that it was exactly like the one at home (both tables are the same brand). It was really well made, but changed the sound of the table in a not very pleasant way. Sent it back through Amazon, and then got an email from the seller asking why I was returning it, stating that he wants to make the best product he can and the information might help him. We had a number of very pleasant exchanges (he never tried to fight my return), and towards the end he told me he wants to send me another platter for free in case I want to try to raise my tonearm using a part that Pro-Ject sells as thanks for providing him feedback. I told him no need to do that, but if I wanted to try again I would just buy another, and that if he really wanted to do something he could make a small donation to our local education foundation. Then received an email that he made a nice donation!

I thought that was pretty cool.

The seller is "Supreme Tech" on Amazon.
Good story.

Audiophile schwag makes cycling look cheap by comparison. Of course it does not wear out, usually and can last a lifetime.