Old 07-29-21, 08:55 AM
WGB 
WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1814 Post(s)
Liked 2,378 Times in 1,402 Posts
never seen one before so unsure true value but judging by condition and components it's worth posting - and also the size!

https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/d/...357883539.html

Franklin road chrome moly XXL - $600 (Silverthorne)

Eye-catching classic custom build on a Franklin chrome moly frame. Stand over height approximately 67cm. This is built for someone who is tall, even very tall. Jack Trumbull is a custom bike builder in Ohio with a stellar reputation for quality steel frame bikes, and he has owned Franklin Frames since 1976. I had Jack re-paint the frame with the current two-tone fade paint job, which unfortunately the photos are too washed out to do it justice. See the older photo of the rear triangle, which gives a better idea of the purple shade. Jack said this frame was the lightest one he ever built, and he remembered it after 20 years. The frame still has no internal rust. See a similar frame in red on the franklin website Franklin Frames custom bicycles

The 8 speed drive train is dura ace STI. It has an italian threaded Campy Record bottom bracket, fitted with a Stronglight Speedlight crank. Dura ace chain rings complete the crank assembly. Rear cassette is dura ace – note wheel hub shows zero wear and is new. Replaced fork with carbon unit – this bike rides very smooth. The touring geometry frame includes mounting points for a rack and rear panniers. This would be a head-turning bike for commuting to work! Kind of like driving a dressed up ’57 chevy. I’m 6’4” and it fits me well. Unfortunately, I have way too many road bikes, and it’s time for this classic to see some use once again. I won’t embarrass myself by saying how much is invested in this build, but I guarantee the selling price is a giveaway. $600. Silverthorne. I prefer text or email. Dennis