View Single Post
Old 07-29-21, 11:13 AM
ciclista_pazza

Bikes: 2018 Fuji Absolute, Yokota mountain bike (199?), 1979 Schwinn Le Tour Mixte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
SAS shoes for riding in the rain

I recently developed Morton's Neuroma, which is a painful condition that makes walking painful without the right shoes, inserts, etc. The only shoes I can wear these days that don't hurt my feet are SAS shoes. I've seen some mention of these shoes on this site by other cyclists and was wondering if those who wear them while biking could tell me how they do in the rain and how they do generally with biking. The shoes are unfortunately pretty expensive, and so far I can't bring myself to wear them in the rain and am wearing my rain shoes for now. My rain shoes don't hurt my feet too much since there's not much support, but I don't like the idea of wearing them regularly for cycling and worry they will wear down before long.

In Arizona, we get an annual monsoon season where there is generally a period of torrential rain each afternoon, so this is pretty intense rain I'll be riding in during the summers. I've tried asking on sites like Amazon or Zappos for feedback, and most customers said the SAS shoes do well in the rain, but I'm not sure those people wear them in the conditions that regular cyclists encounter on a daily basis. Any feedback from those who ride in SAS shoes would be appreciated.

Last edited by ciclista_pazza; 07-29-21 at 11:19 AM.