View Single Post
Old 08-02-21, 10:30 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3238 Post(s)
Liked 1,796 Times in 1,082 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
That’s for motorcycles. From the Michigan Vehicle Code on signaling turns.

Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean that a right hand turn signal on a bicycle is not allowed nor is it unsafe. Motorists are generally stupid but not so stupid that they can’t figure out what is meant when a cyclist points to the right.

Please note the language. “Shall” is used in both statements of how a bicyclist can signal a turn.

You remind me of a guy that lectured me about using my right hand ages ago…before the right hand signal was legal (but logical) in Colorado. He told me that my right turn signal “didn’t mean poop (but saltier)”. He then proceeded to ride across an intersection, salmon down the road, and turn left into a one-way turn. But my turn signals were the problem. Riiiiight.
Yeah, I was talking about motorcycles in that comment, so good on you for following along! Bravo!

Regarding pointing right on bicycles, I never said it was unsafe, not allowed, nor that motorists can’t figure out what it means, so bravo again, we’re in accordance.

Pointing right to turn right on a bicycle is dumb AF, however.