Old 08-03-21, 12:32 AM
LibertyFLS
GDFTR

Bikes: '74 Falcon San Remo, '80 SR Semi Pro, '88 Trek 360, '18 Fairdale Goodship

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 44 Posts
Definitely open to other frame materials than steel.

Went and looked at a Marin Lombard the other day, very heavy and just felt big. Was a 2015 asking $700 but I passed. Glad to get a chance to see one though.

I almost pulled the trigger on a 2015 Look all carbon on the pros closet but I kept hesitating on clicking the buy button and now it’s sold dangit. They have a 2015 aluminum frame/carbon fork Cinelli I like (really like the Cinelli brand) but it’s a 1x11 Sram setup and would definitely need a wider range cassette but that’s easy enough. Not sure why they swapped out the original Campy components for the 1x11. It’s a few hundred cheaper than the Look was but I think the Look was a much better deal. Lastly there is a Giant Contend SL disc 2019 in a color way I really like and it looks brand new, but it’s got that weird Giant proprietary master cylinder I’m not sure about. On the other hand it has a full 105 group and I think I can get it for $1k so I am leaning towards this one.