View Single Post
Old 08-07-21, 10:31 PM
theofam

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
gster thumpism dirtman , your memories of Western Auto Parts jibe with those of my dad and uncle. Sounds it was my kind of store!

This 10-post-minimum-to-post-a-pic-or-external-link policy is killing me. And, I got locked out 24 hours for five posts within 24 hours. I've spent the last day troubleshooting the root causes of a couple noises. I got help on another forum where I'm not in newbie standing. Turns out I had a pesky rear fender rub point on the right chain stay. The bike was howling when I rode it! All is quiet now, though.

I'm a bigger motorcycle fan than bicycle fan, so I built it with a 1920s board track racer in mind. You'll see it when I get to 10.

<RANT>In an age of visually-rendered information (photos, videos, filter-rich bikini shots on Instagram), I'm struggling with 10 posts before a guy can post a pic of his bike. Sorry/not sorry mods.</RANT>

I've almost gotten the SA shifter working. I can get it into all three discrete gears, but third slips/freewheels sometimes, which is disconcerting. Any advice on how to fine tune it is welcome.