View Single Post
Old 08-08-21, 01:49 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3523 Post(s)
Liked 1,500 Times in 1,172 Posts
Originally Posted by BoltBreaker
Yes, the East Bay is a kind of black hole for stolen bicycles. Here, they seem to end up either at Karim's or the Ashby Flea Market, but I've managed to keep all of mine, so far. The only bike I ride and lock is my Rivendell QuickBeam, and that's just while shopping. The Rohloff bike will likely never get locked to a post or fence, it will either be under my ass on a ride or secured in the garage (or motel room). Still, life is filled with risks, and I know there are opportunists everywhere.
In my community nobody knows what a Rohloff bike is. I have had several people ask where the battery is for my e-bike. They think it is a motor in the hub. I do not use a very good lock for that bike even though I have a lot more invested in that bike than in my titanium bike. But the titanium bike looks expensive, so that lock cost over $100.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: