View Single Post
Old 08-10-21, 08:26 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4547 Post(s)
Liked 5,059 Times in 3,122 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
I was looking at one of the indoor bike to allow (stages) so my wife and I could have a single platform to use with my Rouvy account. I really like the idea of not having to change the cassette on my Kickr and swapping bikes around, that has just been a pain. However, I just could not stomach the price and will probably be just be picking up another Kickr so she can just have her bike on it and my dedicated trainer bike on my Kickr.
I'm thinking of getting a dedicated indoor smart bike. I've been using an Elite direct drive trainer for a couple of years and while it's great, I don't think it does my bike a lot of good. I could buy a cheap bike to keep permanently on the trainer, but I prefer the idea of a complete standalone solution. Expensive though, so that keeps putting me off. My smart trainer was £500 vs £2k+ for a decent smart bike. But I would use it enough to justify the expense. A Kickr trainer is £1k these days, so by the time I add the cost of another bike to go with it I might as well just get the full Kickr bike.