View Single Post
Old 08-11-21, 12:10 PM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1042 Post(s)
Liked 802 Times in 426 Posts
Originally Posted by joonyoung82
What's your choice?
Just getting into cycling and looking to purchase one of the options
Do you mean for pumping up before you leave the house, or when you change a tire/tube at home? Or, when you get a flat out on the road mid-ride?

For the former…I don’t know why you’d want to use anything other than a floor pump (or maybe a compressor). For the latter,…well after 40 years of cycling I just finally decided to try CO₂ and carry that with me for mid-ride flats about three years ago. I can’t believe I waited that long. The CO₂ is SOOOOoooo much easier than a frame-mounted pump. And not that expensive. The inflator valve can be obtained for +/- $20. And a box of 12 CO₂ cartridges was about the same…I think…probably less. I’m still working on the original 12-pack I purchased when I made the switch. That being said…I still can’t bring myself to leave the frame pump at home. I carry two CO₂ cartridges with me and have never needed the second one. But I know that the first time I don’t take the pump that I’ll end up with two CO₂’s going “pffffsssstt” and end up with no way to inflate.

Dan

Last edited by _ForceD_; 08-11-21 at 12:15 PM.
Likes For _ForceD_: