View Single Post
Old 08-21-21, 01:06 AM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 657 Posts
Gios Pro - It's a Beaut

Originally Posted by bikingshearer
If you bought this, all you'd need is a Brooklyn jersey, a Brooklyn cap and long Roger de Vlaeminck sideburns and you'd be the hit of the hop. (Ignore that guy on the right. I think his name is Ed Something-or-Other.)

They're both speaking Belgian... mutually unintelligible! hahaha

From 1975 to 1980 we sold 2-3 Gios frames a year. The paint, workmanship and prep was head and shoulders above almost all of the other pro frames that went through our shop. That included US and Italian Masi's.

We had to at minimum ream and hone the seat tubes on many of the top shelf Italian frames we sold. Some we had to reface the head tube, fork crown and/or BB before assembly! Not so with Gios.

repechage I bought an early Gios Super Record frame from John Pergolizzi back in 2012. It was high on my bucket list. Assembly went just as smoothly as I remembered BITD. The ride was as I'd forgotten, rather "brisk"...

Three years back I got a bucket list De Rosa, an early 80's model. The ride is how you say, je ne sais quoi But, I was disappointed in the workmanship: I had to round out the top of the seat tube - it was built oval plus I had to remove .5mm from each side of the BB shell.

BlueDevil63 Good luck with your sale... IMLTHO, it's way under priced! Are we allowed to say that?

verktyg

Chas. ;-)