Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3263 Post(s)
Liked 2,088 Times in 982 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Benefits of Di2 over sram etap?
Looking like new bike coming soon.

Originally planned on a madone project one. Wanted the benefit of buying local, but the madone is kinda of ugly.

First pick is the wilier filante slr with the zero in close second. On the wilier main site it advertises that you can get it with sram force 2x12 but on the usa site it only comes Di2. Price is similar but I would prefer the added power meter and I don’t really want cables. Looks like it would be a huge pain if an issue ever arose.
Caldonia 5 is a close contender if the wilier grows to costly.
BMC is also a possibility and I could buy that local, but the color is horrible, and after the fork recall I am a little turned off.

Still just in planning stage. Reached out to adrenalinebikes about the wilier build. Informed me they get the bike from wilier usa. Adrenaline says I can build it anyway I like but I’m a little confused on how that would work. I would want the original cockpit and wheels from wilier but just switch out the drive train. Not sure if they would do that or if that would increase the cost more than the 4 grand the sram force package already cost.
I know plenty of people completely happy with etap. If i could find a caledonia (not 5) frame for cheap, I'd build it up w/ Rival etap and the crank based PM and get rid of the R3. Reviews I read said that Rival actually shifts faster than force or red fwiw. Or you could buy a used R3 w/ carbon wheels and Di2...