Thread: Colnago ID ?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-21, 11:01 AM
1 Lugnut

Bikes: Motobecane Grand Record, Colnago Super, Mondia Super, Mondia Special, Mondia Prestige (for sale 55cm),Titan Star, Titan Exklusiv, Windsor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Highmass
No, the seventies model was NOT Nuevo. The seventies model was just Mexico, see https://www.cycling-obsession.com/ho...olnago-mexico/
The revised (Or new) model released in 1983, with the crimped tubes was the Nuevo Mexico.
So in other words Colnago made a Mexico, and when they modified it, they added a "new" to the name, to differentiate between the two versions. I don´t find it confusing.
It´s a lot like Campagnolo, who added a Nuevo to the Record name, when the rd went from steel to aluminum. Makes sense to me, as it makes it easier to differentiate between the different versions.
It got somewhat confusing for me over a phone call from my riding partner. Once reading the ‘obsession’ link, I see the differences. I had not seen that link b4 !
I’m a Colnago fan! My 1st real racer was an '83 Superissimo (58 cm) in Azzurro Blue. Rode if for years. I regrettably sold to a member.

I now have a Super Model (58 cm) that my partner gave me cuz he thought it was too small for him? He’s fussy 😎

Last edited by 1 Lugnut; 09-04-21 at 11:32 PM. Reason: ...add pic