Old 08-31-21, 03:25 AM
Cyclist0105
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Symox
That's an interesting rack. What is it and do you like it on your carbon fork? I'm thinking of doing something similar.
The carbon fork gets tore up due to the metal band with rubber coating chewing up the finish. This bike is a tribute to the 2000 Tour de France when GT built the Belgium Lotto Adecco team two bikes per rider in a time span of 5-weeks. One of the rider in won a stage on the GT mountain bike/tour-de-france hybrid. I keep the panniers at 5-lbs each for the Blackburn Outpost World Touring front rack, which is thick aluminum and weighs just over 12-ounces on my scale.

Blackburn Outpost World Tour rack and Ortlieb Front Roller Classics

Nice turn radius as well

The left pannier holds a Amok Draumr Cammo 3.0 with the FJOL 25x77-inch R4 sleep pad.
The right pannier holds a Six Moon Designs Haven mesh tent with a bathtub floor, a Dutchware 10x12-foot SilPoly tarp with two spreader bars (one side has doors, the other is wide open), and two Costco Down throws.

I generally use this in National Parks where I set up a base camp and use the bike to explore/trout fish/disperse camp in interesting areas. .
You will need this Quick Release Skewer as the Blackburn is mounted via the quick release skewer, and each side of the rack is 1.5-inches in length where the skewer runs through it to give the rack a purchase point. So the load bearing is carried on the skewer, as the carbon forks would have a hard time supporting the weight.

Exxxxxtra Long Quick Release Skewer

Last edited by Cyclist0105; 08-31-21 at 03:30 AM.