View Single Post
Old 09-08-21, 07:15 PM
bmwpowere36m3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by smadsen
Chiming in with my contribution to this epic thread... I picked up a Sirrus 4.0 back in May after my old bike was stolen out of my garage. As a mid-40s guy who is light and reasonably fit, but with a weak heart, I am done with going fast on drop bar road bikes. I rode for many years on a 2004 Ibex Corrida flat bar road bike and was looking for something similar for 80% paved trails, 10% gravel, 10% road. I opted for the non-X model as I prefer a stiff road feel and narrower tires and was worried that the future shock would result in a bouncy ride.

I'm yet another person who is 5-10 with a 32" cycling inseam, and the Large 4.0 was a perfect fit. Probably the best stock fit of any bike I've owned, actually. Only change is to swap the stock saddle for a Terry Fly Ti. I've done over 700 miles so far, including some 60 mile rides, and it's been great. This is my first carbon frame. The silver color is awesome, and compared to the aluminum and steel frames I've ridden before it's light, smooth, and quiet. The microshift shifters are really nice, and I've finally joined the 21st century with disc brakes.

Only one minor complaint, which is that I'm getting a clicking sound when going over bumps, like the lid of a jar where you press down and then it pops back. Could be the molded plastic headset cover, although I do have a bit of an oil spot that is collecting dust where the frame and fork meet that I'm keeping an eye on. Funnily enough, it seems to click less after I had my first tip-over crash (hard stop to avoid hitting a dog). Maybe it just needed to be broken in a bit.

I was going to include a photo, but apparently I have to post a few times before I can add images or links. Bummer.
I've seen a YT clip, by a member, who noted clicking/rattles from the internally routed brake/shifter lines in the down tube. I had a clicking over bumps, which I assumed was the lines or maybe the stem/headset... as it seemed to be coming from the front. Turns out, after swapped the seatpost to try a 155 mm saddle it just needed to be tightened a little more. No more clicking for now.