View Single Post
Old 09-15-21, 07:58 AM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 208 Posts
Originally Posted by M Rose

Had to repair a flat on my Verve today. I ride to the store without issue this morning, but when I went to leave to a meeting tonight the tire was flat. Looked for obvious stickies inside the tire and didn’t find a single pokey. So next pumped up the tube to find the leak… a nice 1/2 slash… patched that up and it was still leaking, under further investigation I found a second 1/2 slash on the opposite side of the tube. So me being me, I looked closer at the side walls of the tire, and sure enough some A-Hat had stabbed my tire.

Now before you go flaming me saying it could
have been a lot of other thing, there is some other parts of the story missing.

Yesterday afternoon I went to let the dogs out and found my wife’s Verve upside down tangled in our fence. Then today before finding my flat tire I noticed my bike computer was on asking if I wanted to start a new ride (I hadn’t even touched my bike yet), and then to make things weirder my headlight mount was upside down and I was missing my little frame bag. And lastly my wife’s bike was missing it’s tool bag.
So after finding my wife’s bike upside down yesterday I have strayed chaining both bikes together and then running a logging chain around a telephone pole and weaved through the wheels and frames of both bikes… I think whom ever messed with hers yesterday messed up my bike today because they were mad that they couldn’t take off
with the bikes.

Lastly missing stuff and flat tire wasn’t the worst of it. My front wheel is now wobbly and my front rotor is making contact with the disk pads, and something feels off in the crank. I have yet to inspect my wife’s bike, but I think I’m just taking them both into the LBS tomorrow and have them give both bikes a good inspection so I don’t miss anything.

And yes I did call the police, and they will be here when ever they get here to take statements.
That's some messed up **** right there.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Likes For Nachoman: