View Single Post
Old 09-15-21, 09:10 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked 1,849 Times in 1,006 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
Soak and firmly tap with a small piece of aluminum plate and small hammer, maybe heat too, then drive a torx bit in the hole, biggest one you can get in there and use as big a wrench or ratchet and 1/4 inch socket as you can.

Or just use a burr or Dremel mini cut-off wheel and hack it out of there.

If you have a compressor (you do have a compressor don't you), this can work miracles.

https://www.google.com/search?q=harb...fox-b-1&pccc=1

Thanks Merziac! That's a good idea, I've been soaking the cap. I still had, yes had, another unsuccessful attempt at the cap yesterday before the RoS visitation. I made a makeshift pin wrench with a window pull. Here is that

Feable, just a feable attempt. I made the holes just a little larger for the screws to fit. Nah, its encrusted good in there. I was successful in bending the crap out of a perfect chrome window pull.

Next, I borrowed a Dremel from the RoS and cut a slot hoping to use a large flat driver. The big buzzer went off. Fail.

In thinking of the next attempt, I will drill the holes adjacent to the the bolt side to eat the side of cap from the insides and will pry and pull.

Since the Dremel was here at the 66 I took the opportunity to cut a dropout adjuster for dropout thread cleaner, a little hitch on the Taylor NDS but it will fine with a little more attention.
Likes For Mr. 66: