View Single Post
Old 09-17-21, 02:04 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by ChamoisDavisJr
Sheesh, that seems a bit harsh...particularly for nothing more than a difference of opinion.

In addition to calling names (twice) you're now inferring meaning that I did not expressly state. Perhaps, in light of your calling me names in 2 different posts, your ability to communicate effectively might be somewhat degraded based on your lower level of understanding 7th grade levels of written word?

The OP originally said he "was thinking about a century". He seemed to be a bit leery and said he "might enjoy" the 68 mile ride instead of "struggling to complete" the 100.

Which is why I replied with basically "do the length of ride you enjoy" and that you don't need to do the Century. In light of his reticence in going for the 100 mile ride (and indicating he'd enjoy the 68'er much better) my advice (and he asked for advice) was to not even bother with it since he appeared apprehensive. His question was "should I go for it?" My reply is that Centuries are overrated and to just ride what you're comfortable riding. I also added that "If it's a personal goal...have at it". Meaning if it means something to him then he should just do it.

Anyway...the OP came back and stated that this was a personal goal and he would view it as a major accomplishment. Which is of course a worthy endeavor, for him. And as you can see he has my full encouragement and well wishes for success.
Gotta say, a lot of that really isn't in your first post, and the last line of that post really gave a very different impression. I don't see anything about riding the length he's going to enjoy, being comfortable is a different matter entirely. Also, there's this really weird turn about impressing people that had nothing to do with OP''s question.

The other guy's name calling was over the top nasty to you, but I think "overrated" and "why would you" were some pretty poorly chosen words if the above was what you were trying to convey.

But, yeah, when you rewrote the thing into the above, I pretty much agree with everything you wrote there. And I read and like a lot of your posts, and I think you're neither a ***** face or an ass hat. I'm pretty sure, on the other and, that I'm a hat face.