View Single Post
Old 09-19-21, 03:09 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2347 Post(s)
Liked 5,231 Times in 1,833 Posts
No riding Saturday, rains kept rolling through and I'm wimpier now than I used to be when it comes to raining in the rain. Headed out this morning on the CAAD8 but had an issue with the FD right away. So I turned around and came back to the house. Grabbed the Evans bike off the rack, pumped up the tires, moved the saddle bag, bottles, etc. over to the Evans and headed back out. Winds were pretty rough today with a front moving through and I didn't really expect a fast ride. One of those days were the winds kept changing direction and it was hard to maintain a consistent pace. Just tucked in the drops when it was in my face and got up on the hoods when it was pushing. At the one hour mark I was right over 19.5 miles so I knew I had to go for it. The final miles were the worse. Riding hard at around 22 mph when it was calmer and then the gusts would smack me and knock me down into the mid teens. Last miles the speed was all over the place. Lungs actually held out until the final few miles and I think that was mainly because of fighting the winds. Anyway, somehow managed to just sneak this one today, but just barely.

26.67 miles, 1:24:23, 611 feet of climbing, at an even 19.0 mph avg. HR avg 155 bpm.

This is such a well made, and nice riding bike.

This shows how the speed was really bouncing around due to the winds, especially that last miles where I was struggling to stay on the pace.