View Single Post
Old 09-20-21, 04:23 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1467 Post(s)
Liked 2,231 Times in 979 Posts
Originally Posted by pgtnice
All 1991-1992 Schwinn Paramount PDG Series 2, 3, 5, 7 frames were made by Panasonic in Japan. (Serial numbers: 0xxxxxx, 1xxxxxx, 2xxxxxx)
See for yourself.
He has no clue about PDG 2, 3 Series.
Only one image of PGD 2 Made in China sticker vs Multiple images of PDG 3 JAPAN stickers on the head tube
The "lifelong experts" are spreading the false information about PDG Series 2, 3 on the trusted forum.
I had both 1992 PDG Series 2 and 3 in the past.
PDG Series 3 had a JAPAN sticker on the head tube and both of them had the Panasonic serial numbers.
I can't attach anything since I am an impolite newbie.
pgtnice, welcome to BF-C&V. We always appreciate civil conversations, even when correcting mistakes.

Here's why we ponder and question your information which attempts to dispute a "lifelong expert":
  1. Scooper 's father was a career-long Schwinn executive, who worked directly with Schwinn family members.
  2. Scooper has meticulously researched and documented many aspects of Schwinn history, specifically Paramount history, utilizing internal Schwinn communications saved by his father and passed along to him.
  3. Scooper has, as a part of his research, and through his father's professional connection, become a personal friend of Richard Schwinn, a "founder" of PDG, and current owner of Waterford Cycles.
  4. Richard Schwinn, so appreciates Scooper's research and information, along with Tom Findley's work, he has incorporated it into the Waterford website.
  5. Richard Schwinn has always been very generous of his time when vintage Paramount owners (of any era Paramount) email and ask questions regarding his/her Paramount
So, we are not being snarky when we ask for a source for your information which you claim disputes previous information provided by scooper about Paramount Series bikes.

However, when you write, from out of the blue in only your second post on BF, after quoting scooper in your first post to BF, and state: "He has no clue about PDG 2, 3 Series...," we remain dubious, at best, and thus ask for the basis of your information.

This is why we feel you are being impolite. We realize scooper might have gotten something wrong in the past, and it might need to be corrected. But taken as a whole, we'd trust scooper who has over 10,000 well written, thoughtful, and helpful posts on BF, compared to your four above, which provide no proof to your statement, "he (scooper) has no clue...."

We'd humbly appreciate your information when you can document it. We will weigh your evidence and consider it appropriately.

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com