Old 09-25-21, 11:36 AM
jdawginsc 
Edumacator

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2525 Post(s)
Liked 3,337 Times in 2,092 Posts
I'm an idiot, part XVII...Peugeot content

Ok...so I am not really a Peugeot fan, but in my youth I had what I think was a 1979-80 PH8 maybe? I DID always dream of having one of the white pearlescent Peugeot Competitions/Super Competitions, which I guess are what are known as the PX10NEr-13XD models? However, my love of Peugeot in my youth ended when I upgraded to a Bianchi Randonneur, which I stupidly sold after I got my Crest Cannondale in 1987. (Sort of a reverse Dave Stoler effect).

While perusing EBay UK awhile back, I saw a cool french version Peugeot that was interesting enough that I sent a "contact seller" note with a bid that, including shipping came out to be about $235 or so. It was badly spray painted a cool green color, but the fork intrigued me. I thought I was following up on a previous offer...

((Edit: Confirmed...different seller; though it seems like the same green color Pug from awhile ago))

Fast forward to this past month when I have been trying to reduce frames after my Bike Giveaway buying spree because 1...I overbought, 2. I have run out of creative ways to create space for more stuff, and have had to resort to a container unit until I clear some of my overstock, 3. I have too many projects going, 4. I need to work on impulse control and make N-1 choices, 5. Have to adjust for a post retirement lifestyle in which I am not having as much cash. I have begun to sell some stuff to offset the buying for the bike giveaway.

And long story shorter...I stuck myself with a Peugeot Competition. Should receive it from England beginning of October, I assume.

It sort of screws up my system though since, other than Italy, my goal was to have one cool bike per bike-producing nation. I just bought the yellow Gitane, had the MBK CycloX thingy to build, so the Peugeot makes three from France... darnit.

Last edited by jdawginsc; 09-25-21 at 06:51 PM.