View Single Post
Old 09-27-21, 01:22 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18529 Post(s)
Liked 15,892 Times in 7,459 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Because our healthcare system is dysfunctional and some people/organizations exploit it by gaming the system.

Sad!
I am not kidding when I say that I was in the building or about 20 min. and with the doctor for maybe 5 min.

When I used to have to bill hours I would always wrestle with questions like "Should I knock off a couple of minutes because I went to the bathroom even though I was thinking about what UI was working on? We used to bill in 15 min. increments. That all changed, at least at larger firms, when federal bankruptcy courts got annoyed at how much of a debtor's assets were going to legal fees in bankruptcy proceedings. They started changing their rules to require billing in 6 min. increments. Other clients then said "Hey. If your billing system can do that for debtor clients it can do it for me. You want to keep my business, you have to bill in 6 min. increments."

Interestingly, I and a former colleague once billed part of a Saturday morning bike ride. We were discussing a brief we had to write on a novel issue and actually came up with a good outline and arguments during the ride on Forbidden Drive.