View Single Post
Old 09-29-21, 06:36 PM
steine13

Bikes: See my albums. I find that listing them here messes up searching.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 330 Times in 148 Posts
VegasTriker Thanks for the prompt and helpful response.
Yes, I knew going in this wasn't a high-end machine, and not something I'd buy in a store, but for the low price, it was worth it for the experience. I cruised around my neighborhood for 3 or 4 miles and really liked it. At the same time, I don't see myself braving traffic with it... the first step in my commute is to cross a 45 mph major road that sees 60k vehicles a day. It's bad enough on my regular bicycle.

>> You can confirm the metal using a magnet.
I did; it's steel.

>> It should never have bent unless the trike was in a serious accident,
I helped the owner carry it up narrow basement stairs; my guess is that she had done it by herself, lost her balance and put her whole weight -- ok, all 110 lbs -- on one wheel while the other was trapped against the stairs... the bike only fits through turned on its side. That'd bend it alright.

>> Are you sure it is not the way it was made by Terratrike? Compare the left spindle to the right spindle., They should be mirror images.
Yes they started out as mirrors, and now they ain't.
On the right side, the brake works perfectly; on the left side, the brake disk had to be loosened so as not to bind miserably.

At any rate, I called Terratrike, and (bad news) they only sell both "hub mounts" as a pair, but (good news) the pair is $149, which I find reasonable. They were helpful.

As it turns out, a good friend of mine was interested in the trike for his son, who has balance issues, so I just sold it to him for what I paid for it and passed along the information. He is an old hand at all things bicycle and will have it on the road within the week.

Thanks again!
cheers -mathias
Likes For steine13: